Do you want to be your own boss, get away from the 9-5, and get out of the office? Do you want to become a licensed minicab driver in London? If so then you will need to get your PCO licence, and this website is your complete guide, giving you step-by-step advice on how to go about this. There is a great demand for private hire drivers so what’s stopping you? Apply Now!
What is a PCO Licence?
The licensing scheme is run by the Public Carriage Office, a department of Transport for London, and is needed to minicab around the Greater London area. Without this personal licence no minicab operators/offices will employ you.
As a licensed driver you can have the freedom and flexibility to work when you want and to have a worthwhile career with the potential for earning £30,000+ salary. The only limit to your wages are the hours you choose to work with great bonuses to be made for seasonal work such as at Christmas and New Year when you can really increase your earnings.
What are the requirements for the PCO License?
If you want to get your PCO licence then you will need to fulfill a few requirements to be eligible:
- You must be over 21 years of age.
- You will need to have held a full DVLA, Northern Ireland or European Economic Area (EEA) state driving licence for at least 3 years.
- You must meet the DVLA Group 2 medical standards similar to those required for drivers of large goods vehicles, buses and coaches. This is done by having a 30 minute medical with your GP.
- You will need to undergo a CRB check from from the Criminal Records Bureau to ensure that you are an honest and trustworthy character
- You must provide evidence of your topographical skills to show your map reading and route finding skills. We provide full training and support, which ensures you PASS the Topographical Skills Test the first time, all at a flat rate of £50 (with no hidden costs). All applicants, regardless of their learning abilities, are encouraged to come along. Contact us today and book yourself an appointment and receive a Topographical Skills Certificate the same day. Alternatively, why not use our “walk in service”.Fully Accredited by the PCO, TfL & Ofsted.
How much does a PCO licence cost?
The cost of the private hire drivers licence is currently £250 (£150 application fee and £100 license fee) . You will also have to factor in an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check (£55-£57), the topographical skills assessment test which we can help you out with for £50 (guaranteed PASS), this includes full training, sitting the test and receiving your pass certificate the same day. Finally, there is the medical examination (£50-£160) this cost varies from GP to GP.
How do I apply for the PCO Licence?
If you think you fulfil the criteria set out above then you can either download an application pack or you send off for an application form and the relevant forms will be with you within a couple of days. Once they’ve arrived then come back to the site and we’ll give you any help you need to get these filled in or to answer any questions you have.