Do you want to be your own boss, get away from the 9-5, and get out of the office? Do you want to become a London Private Hire Driver ? Or are you looking into becoming a minicab or chauffeur driver in London? If so then you will need to get your PCO licence, and this website is your complete guide. Here you will find step-by-step advice on how to go about this. There is a great demand for private hire drivers in London so what’s stopping you? Apply Now!
What is a PCO Licence?
The licensing scheme used to be run by the Public Carriage Office (PCO), a department of Transport for London, and is needed to minicab around the Greater London area. Without a PCO Licence no minicab or Chauffeur operators/offices will employ you.
As a PCO Licensed driver you can have the freedom and flexibility to work in London when you want and to have a worthwhile career with the potential for earning £30,000+ salary. The only limit to your wages are the hours you choose to work with great bonuses to be made for seasonal work such as at Christmas and New Year when you can really increase your earnings.
How do I apply for the PCO Licence?
If you want to apply for the PCO licence, you’ll need to fulfill a few requirements :
- You must be over 21 years of age.
- You will need to have held a full DVLA, Northern Ireland or European Economic Area (EEA) state driving licence for at least 3 years.
- You must meet the DVLA Group 2 medical standards similar to those required for drivers of large goods vehicles, buses and coaches. This is done by having a 30 minute medical with a GP.
- You will need to undergo a CRB (DBS) check from from the Criminal Records Bureau to ensure that you are an honest and trustworthy character
- You must provide evidence of your topographical test to show your map reading and route finding skills. We provide full training and support, which ensures you PASS the Topographical Test the first time, all at a flat rate of £50 (with no hidden costs). All applicants, regardless of their learning abilities, are encouraged to come along. Contact us today and book yourself an appointment and receive a Topographical Test Certificate the same day. Alternatively, why not use our “walk in service”. We’re fully Accredited by TfL & the ALI.
How much does the PCO licence cost?
The cost of the PCO Licence is currently £250 (£150 application fee and £100 license fee) which is the fee payable to TfL. You will also have to factor in an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Check (DBS) (£57), the Topographical Test which we can help you out with for £50 (100% Guaranteed PASS). Finally, there is the medical examination (£80) which we can assist you with. As you can see your looking at over £400 for the PCO Licence application. Once you get your PPCO Licence it will be valid for 3 years.
How to make the PCO Licence Application?
If you think you fulfill the criteria set out above then you can either download an application pack or send off for an application pack . Once you have the PCO Licence application pack you will notice there’s a few things to do before you post it back to TfL. To make life easier we have several Packages which help you get your PCO Licence quickly and easily. Please feel free to give us a call. We help 000′s of PCO Licence applicants apply for their Licenses each and every year!