Want to be your own boss, get away from the 9-5? Thinking about getting yourself a PCO Licence ? If so, firstly you’ll need to know the PCO Licence Requirements, the costs and fees to be paid and finally, get yourself a set of PCO licence application forms.
This website is your complete guide. Here you will find step-by-step advice on how to go about getting licensed. There is a great demand for PCO Drivers in London so what’s stopping you? Apply Now!
What is a PCO Licence?
The licensing scheme used to be run by the Public Carriage Office (PCO), a department of Transport for London, and is needed to Minicab or Chauffeur around London. Without a PCO Licence no Minicab or Chauffeur company will employ you.
As a PCO Licensed driver you can have the freedom and flexibility to work in London when you want and to have a worthwhile career with the potential for earning £30,000+ salary. The only limit to your wages are the hours you choose to work. There’s great bonuses to be made for seasonal work at Christmas and New Year when your potential earnings go through the roof!
What are the PCO Licence requirements?
If you want to apply for the PCO licence, you’ll need to fulfill a few requirements :
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- You will need to have held a full DVLA, Northern Ireland or European Economic Area (EEA) state driving licence for at least 3 years.
- You must meet the DVLA Group 2 medical standards similar to those required for drivers of large goods vehicles, buses and coaches. This is done by having a 30 minute PCO Medical Check .
- You will need to undergo a CRB (DBS) check from from the Criminal Records Bureau to ensure that you are an honest and trustworthy character
- You must provide evidence of your topographical test to show your map reading and route finding skills. We provide a cast iron guarantee pass for this requirement.
How much does the PCO licence cost?
The cost of the PCO Licence is currently £250 (£150 application fee and £100 license fee) which is the fee payable to TfL. You will also have to factor in an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Check (DBS) (£57), the Topographical Test which we can help you out with for £50 (100% Guaranteed PASS). Finally, there is the medical examination (£80) which we can assist you with. As you can see your looking at over £400 for the PCO Licence application. Once you get your PPCO Licence it will be valid for 3 years.
How to make the PCO Licence Application?
If you think you fulfill the criteria set out above then you can either download an application pack or send off for an application pack . Once you have the PCO Licence application pack you will notice there’s a few things to do before you post it back to TfL. To make life easier we have several Packages which help you get your PCO Licence quickly and easily. Please feel free to give us a call. We help 000′s of PCO Licence applicants apply for their Licenses each and every year!